Some might wonder who Pittsburgh Steelers fans are looking for the team’s next quarterback in 2022. Some might suggest Mitchell Trubisky, considering he was a free agent acquisition. Others might lean towards Mason Rudolph, with his experience in the system. There are also those who want the next era to move forward and start with the man who was drafted 20th overall in the 2022 NFL Draftthe Steelers’ first choice — Kenny Pickett.
There are times when you’re social media platforms wondering if Pickett is really a popular player with the Steelers’ global fan base. There are many who didn’t like the choice, but then I came across this tweet from the official NFL Twitter account showing the top 10 selling jerseys so far this offseason.
Guess who is number 4?
Take a look at the list:
Looking at the Top 10, it’s easy to see why some of these names are so high, and then there are some that have you scratching your head and wondering. Otherwise, here are some players Pickett’s jerseys are winning at the moment:
- Tom Brady
- Patrick Mahomes
- Justin Herbert
- Joe Terrier
Let’s look at the Top 10:
1. Russell Wilson — New mandate with the Denver Broncos begins, making his jersey a must-have for Wilson and Broncos fans.
2.Josh Allen – After last year’s Divisional Round loss, Allen’s stock has never been higher. Combine that with the expectations of the Buffalo Tickets and you have a hot jersey market.
3. Davante Adams – Just like Wilson, with Adams leaving Green Bay for the Las Vegas Raidersthe black hole claims its new Adams jersey.
4. Kenny Picket – Some might find this confusing, but don’t think for a second that the Steelers’ global fan base isn’t behind this kid. He brought enthusiasm for the future of the position/organization.
5.Tom Brady — Despite being 5,000 years old, Brady’s jerseys will continue to be a staple for fans.
6. MacJones –It was a surprise, but Mac Jones makes the Patriots faithful believe in Alabama’s second-year quarterback.
7. Cooper Kupp – The superbowl MVP is getting a lot of love from not just Rams fans, but casual NFL fans as well. Kupp and Adams are the only two non-quarterback jerseys to make the Top 10.
8. Justin Herbert – Herbert plays in a big market and is as exciting as it gets. I wasn’t at all surprised to see his name adorn this list.
9. Patrick Mahomes – People aren’t sick of Mahomes yet, or getting the “Patrick Price.” Mahomes is one of the faces of the NFL, and his jersey sales still reflect that.
10. Joe Burrow – A trip to the Super Bowl and having monstrous expectations of you is difficult for some. We’ll see how Burrow responds. Otherwise, Burrow is a very popular player in the league right now.
As you can see, fans love quarterbacks, especially when they give away their hard-earned cash to get a new jersey. What do you think? Would you shell out the cash for a Kenny Pickett #8 jersey? Let us know what you think in the comments section below, and be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest Steelers news and notes as they prepare for the rest of the season. off season.