The Cleveland Browns were one of the few bright spots in 2020.
This is evidenced by the recent publication of the top ten players in terms of jersey sales.
QB Baker Mayfield and RB Nick Chubb finished the season in the top ten.
No other sport sees jersey sales grow as much from week to week as the NFL – that’s what makes us do the job. @fanatics so funny !! But the more things change, @PatrickMahomes and @TomBrady stay in the lead again, finishing # 1 and # 2 for the season. Here’s how the swimsuit sales went … let’s go! pic.twitter.com/5XAVBtBkl4
– Michael Rubin (@michaelrubin) January 8, 2021
Only the Browns and New Orleans Saints had several players in the top ten.
Mayfield arrives at number 2.
Baker Mayfield has been an underdog his entire life and has beaten all odds.
A victory on Sunday night would be his biggest achievement to date. pic.twitter.com/lD3eaH7z8x
– MoreForYouCleveland (@MoreForYou_CLE) January 7, 2021
QB Baker Mayfield’s leadership all the way down the home stretch to catapult the Browns to the playoffs is likely why his jersey sales ranked second in the NFL.
The 25-year-old is in the middle of his career best season as the Browns try to win their first playoff game in 18 years on Sunday.
Chubb arrives at number 7.
NICK CHUBB pic.twitter.com/7qOur2N4Ws
– Bar stool sports (@barstoolsports) January 3, 2021
RB Nick Chubb’s jersey was also a flagship this year.
With his consistent performances interrupted only by injury, Nick Chubb remains a fan favorite of the Cleveland Browns and the NFL.
This is the best-selling jersey for a player other than a quarterback.
Quarterbacks dominate the Top 10.
Quarterbacks, as usual, lament the day it comes to selling jerseys.
Eight of the top ten jerseys are for the QBs.
The top ten are as follows:
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills
- Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
- Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland Browns
- Russell Wilson, quarterback, Seattle Seahawks
- Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints of New Orleans
- Drew Brees, QB, Saints of New Orleans
It’s somewhat surprising that the Pittsburgh Steelers don’t have any top ten players given their impressive 11-0 streak.
However, it’s no surprise that Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes has the best-selling NFL jersey this year.
One thing is for sure, neither Baker Mayfield nor Nick Chubb are thinking of selling shirts as the team prepare for their first playoff game in 18 years.
Much is at stake for the Browns underdogs facing massive COVID-19 issues as they face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night.